Saturday, October 26, 2013

What I've been up to - The Zoo!

Soooo, it's been over a month since my last post - I'm sorry!  Although everyone and their Uncle always seems to say that "Summer is so busy, I don't know where the time goes!" this actually applies to Autumn around here.  GW returns to full speed with practices and whatnot, including "welcome back" festivities on weekends.  My side has a birthday, and an anniversary to include.  Then add in football games, Homecoming and Thanksgiving... by the time we've got our heads on straight, it's nearly November, so we don't have much chance to get projects under way.

I did do one thing though, which I couldn't share until today :)  It was a gift for someone, so I didn't want her to see it before her Baby Shower!

Baby Tanner's Zoo!!!


It was kind of a simple build, except for the bars.  I also got to use my Ryobi Airstrike automatic nailer for the first time.  Love. It.  I love it.  It's amazing.  I might go find things to nail together just because.  It's super quiet, and light enough to hold with one hand.

2 of 1x3x6,  1 of 1x2x6.  Cut them
to make 20" and 10" pieces
Get 7 dowels.  Cut them in half to
make 14 total.
Make each frame, only drilling all
the way through the centre frame.











Get your Hubby to help stain :)
Then add the dowels - I
used glue and staples.
Here's them all together
before adding the top
Adding the top on was a bit tough, but just be patient.

The last thing to do is put four triangles on the inner corners to act as support for the base (a thin piece of wood to keep the animals in :P)


There you have it!  
I'll try to get my hands on a photo of the Zoo with all the animals in it at the Baby Shower.  
I hope Baby Tanner enjoys it!



2 comments:

  1. That is awesome Beth! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest (of course)

      Delete