Saturday, December 19, 2015

Pantry Perfection!


It's been a long time coming, but YAY IT'S DONE!  The pantry is no more, the hoosier-inspired cabinetry is here!  It's taken way longer than I'm proud of, but for many reasons, things move at a slower pace around the W house - and that's the way we like it.

Ready to see more!?


First, let's remember back to the problem we had:  a very deep dark pantry with a HVAC pipe in front of the shelves.  The fridge was big (not by fridge standards, but by 1939 expectations) and it was visible from the living room as it stuck out into the doorway.  There was also a gap between the fridge and the pantry which, although it was good storage, it just accumulated mess.

It worked, but it wasn't ideal.
And then I browsed on Pinterest… eep!



I dreamed of an open pantry filled with jars, but I had always wanted a hoosier… and loved the
look of the old mail sorting shelves, but I wanted stained glass and cubbies too!  Can't a girl have it all?  Darn right she can, especially since she's the one building it!!  :)   I hope you can see my inspiration points in the final product.  I sure can!

Here's how it turned out!




I'm so beyond pleased with it.  We've been using the lower half for ages, but I powered ahead and got the upper part and with my Mum's expertise, got the stained glass door done this past month.



I feel like there should be a lot more to say about all of this, but I guess I'm just content that it's done.  Each section took a lot of planning, and a lot of thinking, and then re-planning, and then fixing when I realized the errors I didn't forsee.  In the end, hopefully they're only little inconsistencies I notice... 

Here's the big "Before & After".  It's made such a huge change in our kitchen, and I can't wait to enjoy it for many years to come!






Posts to your inbox?   That's easy… simply enter your email here:
No spam, I promise, just Project Jumanji Love!


2 comments:

  1. My favourite parts are the curved dividers between tea canisters and the stained glass door, gorgeous work B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KT! The door turned out amazing - the sun on it this morning was beautiful :) I'm glad for the tea dividers too, otherwise GW wouldn't be able to get his fingers in there to grab the jars, lol

      Delete